Friday, June 4, 2010

Puzzling...

So Trent's birthday was this last Saturday. (He's 22 now! Man, he's old!) We had many conversations about his birthday, and most of them sounded like this:

Jamie: So what do you want for your birthday?
Trent: It's not my birthday.
Jamie: It will be soon. So what do you want?
Trent: Nothing.
Jamie: No seriously. What can I get you?
Trent: Tell you what. You can go out, find the latest CD from the Fray, and then use that money to buy yourself something that you want.
Jamie: TRENT! No! Fine. So what do you want to do for your birthday?
Trent: I don't really care. I just want to be with you.
Jamie: Ugh! That's cute and all, but isn't there anything you want to do?
Trent: Nope.
Jamie: Fine.

The conversations changed a bit, but that's generally what they sounded like. After much deliberation, I decided that I would get him a puzzle for his birthday, and then we could spend the afternoon putting it together. I found a 3D-ish puzzle of sharks at the Creamery, and since there is absolutely nothing on Trent's walls in his apt, I figured he could hang that up and it would be cool and everything.

However, since then, I have learned a couple of things.
1-Putting together a puzzle of blue sharks in blue water is hard.
2-A 500 piece puzzle takes about a week to put together.

While we're not quite finished, we are almost done. If we had another hour or two, I'm sure we could finish it. Trent is going home this weekend though for his little sister Angela's high school graduation, so it probably won't get done until Sunday or Monday. Oh well. It has been really fun though!


This is what the puzzle looked like after we worked on it for a couple of hours on Tuesday night.

This was the result of Wednesday:

And then Thursday...we spent about 3 hours on it...only a little but further and we'll be done!

No comments: