Monday, August 16, 2010

Shopping Woes

If you know me, you know that I love shopping for shoes.  Especially cute summery strappy heels that I think just look so adorable, and that I love to wear to church and other fun events.  You should also know that I love being crafty, and that Roberts and Michaels are two of my favorite stores (Trent calls them my "other boyfriends").  So when I went to Famous Footwear and Roberts today, (especially when Roberts was having a 50% off your entire purchase between the hours of 9 and 10 am) I should have been absolutely ecstatic.  But I wasn't.

Why?

Well, I attribute it to this small little thing call going on a mission.  All of a sudden, I realize I'm not going to be wearing the cute summery strappy heels for 18 months.  I also am not going to have time to be crafty (at least in the way I am used to).  So when my sisters are shopping for shoes, I glance over at the Skechers and think, well, those might work for Peru, but I don't know.  And when my mom is being all crafty in Roberts, I try to think of what projects I would even be able to do before I leave that would benefit me.  I don't see a point in even looking right now.

Later that afternoon I paid a visit to the Sister Missionary Mall in Orem.  At least then I felt justified in looking at the shoes...

No comments: