Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween

This past weekend was Halloween. I've always thought Halloween was a fun holiday, although it might just be because it is so close to my birthday. This Halloween was really chill for me. I spent the afternoon reading a book called The Hunger Games. If you haven't read it and you have a couple of hours to kill, I highly suggest it. It is a really good book and I loved it!


One big part of my Halloween was helping (okay, more like watching) my friend Ilarene and her roommates get really dressed up. This year, they decided to be different Disney Villains. They were fantastic. Can you tell who is who?

Chelsea-The Wicked Queen (Snow White), Ilarene-Ursula (The Little Mermaid), Rachel-Yzma (The Emperor's New Groove), Megan-Cruella DeVil (101 Dalmations), Lauren-Malificent (Sleeping Beauty). It took so much work for them to get ready, but they did a fantastic job!

So really the only thing I did to help was rat Ilarene's hair, to try and make it big and poofy and reminiscent of a giant obese octopus underwater. She got all dressed up on Friday and Saturday night, which meant ratting her hair twice, and putting on that dress twice, complete with tentacles. She is a brave soul.

So since my birthday was on Wednesday, Ilarene's roommates told me they would make me a cake. It didn't get made until Halloween, but I still really appreciated it. I think Rachel and Chelsea were the ones that made it, and I think they did a wonderful job. It was really good.

No comments: