Thursday, October 29, 2009

Someone told me it was my birthday....

A day in the life of Jamie being 21.

So in order to celebrate my birthday, I woke up, and went to class. When I was done with class at 11, my mom and my best friend Emily DeWeese came and picked me up from class and we went shopping and went to lunch at Olive Garden. Yummyness!!! We then hit up Kohls, where I found a fantastic shirt! The funny thing about it was that I wanted it 2 months ago, when it was $36. I didn't want to spend pretty much 40 bucks on a shirt. Yesterday, I found it on clearance for $10. Birthday bonus? I think so!

I still had classes in the evening, so my mom dropped me off back on campus. After my physical science lab, Ilarene came and picked me up from campus. When I got back to my apartment, my friends Erin and J.J. came over to give me a birthday present. Erin made me some incredible cookies that were really yummy. Erin was also holding a picture frame, and at first I thought it was going to be a picture of us at her wedding, but instead, it turned out to be a picture that J.J. had drawn of our apartment from last year. It absolutely made my day!!! It was incredible! It is currently my profile picture on facebook.

I had class again from 7 to 9. Once I was done with that class, Ilarene came and picked me up from campus. We then went with our friends Michelle, Allison, and Eleena up to the temple for our weekly temple trip. I love going to the temple! It was a good way to spend my birthday. We were there for about an hour. Since it was my birthday, I decided it would be fun to go get some ice cream afterward. We tried to stop by the creamery, but the ice cream part was closing up, so we decided to just buy a couple of cartons of ice cream and then go back to our apartment and eat it. It was such a good night. I have incredible friends!!


Rachel, Lauren, and Megan. They are my my 8th, 9th, and 10th roommates pretty much. They let me crash their apartment pretty much everyday. I love them!
Me and my friend Trent. Trent is J.J.'s little brother. He gave me good chocolate and jelly-bellies for my birthday. He is amazing.

I kind of look like I am glowing. I'm 21. Why shouldn't I glow?

2 comments:

Erin Despain said...

Yes, you should definitely glow. :)

J.J. Despain said...

I would just like to let it be known that Trent gave Jamie a birthday gift, but has yet to give Erin and me a wedding gift.

That is all.